1. As you’ve probably already seen, you will be receiving an email notice from Smart Tuition 7 days prior to your draft date. ANY CHANGES TO BE MADE TO THE DRAFT NEED TO BE COMPLETED 3 BUSINESS DAYS PRIOR TO THE DRAFT DATE, BY 2:00 PM. For instance, for payments due July 1st, changes to draft will need to be made before June 26th at 2:00 pm (25th would be even better, just to be safe). We are unable to make any changes whatsoever to the draft within that three-day window prior to the draft date.
2. To navigate your Smart Tuition account so that you are able review the itemized list of charges, view draft dates, etc, follow the instructions below:
To access your account, go to your MyHartfield account, click “Resource Board”, then “Smart Tuition”.
You should then be automatically directed to your Smart Tuition account
Click "My Billing Details" at the bottom of the page.
You will be brought directly to Billing Details, which will list the items being billed.
For your payment information, click on "My Payment History". Click on the payment highlighted in blue and you will see all details of that payment.
Call the parent helpline at 888-868-8828 should you need further assistance.
3. ALL charges, including tuition and incidentals (this is any other payment you may make to Hartfield Academy - including but not limited to Spirit Shop items, field trip fees, athletic team fees, etc), will be drafted ONE time a month: either the 1st or the 15th. Those are the only two draft dates to choose from, and you will be drafted for the full month's charges on that one date. We will not be able to move your payment date around as FACTS allowed in the past.
4. If you pay with a credit or debit card, a 2.9% fee will be added to your payment. Unfortunately, Smart Tuition does not specify this fee up front.
5. If there is insufficient funds at the time of your draft when paying through ACH method (directly from a bank account), there will be a $30 Bank Fee charged to your account. After that initial fee, Smart Tuition will attempt to draft every ten days until the amount clears. If the re-attempt fails, another $30 Bank Fee will be assessed to the account until the amount clears.
6. If tuition payments are not received, in full, by the due date selected, Smart Tuition will contact the primary account holder by telephone and email if a payment is not received. A late fee of $40 will be assessed to your account if it is not made current.
We understand that this will take some getting used to, but we encourage you to heed these instructions as you make budgetary decisions in regards to tuition payments for the coming year.
Director of Finance